Furthering the Economic Development of Lawrence
Research Park in Lawrence
About Phases IV/V
Phases IV & V will include an additional 160,000 sqft. of office and lab space to The Park and continue to drive the development of the surrounding area. The subsequent phases will focus on establishing three industry clusters: Cyber Security & Defense, Biomedical & Life Sciences, and Sustainable Engineering.
The Kansas National Security Innovation Center (KNSIC)
Phase IV will enhance KU’s ability to engage in federal research contracts, enable collaborative research with federal defense and energy contractors, and collaborate with federal agencies on commercializing KU technologies related to computing, cybersecurity, materials engineering, and sensing.
- 80,000 sqft. of the high-security office and dry-lab space
- Focus on growing the Cyber Security & Defense industry cluster at the Park
- Estimated to bring over 250 jobs and $23M in direct annual payroll
The Kansas Bio-Innovation and Sustainability Center (KBSC)
Phase V will allow for continued and expanded research and development in biology, geology, sustainability, and more. This facility will house key features of KU’s Center for Environmentally Beneficial Catalysis (CEBC), which will anchor the development of The Park’s cluster of sustainability-focused companies and researchers.
- 80,000 sqft. of primarily wet-lab space with supporting infrastructure and offices
- Focus on growing the Biomedical & Life Sciences and Sustainable Engineering industry clusters at the Park
- Estimated to bring over 200 jobs and $22M in direct annual payroll
Become a Resident Company
We’re here to answer your questions about working with KU Innovation Park.