Phases IV and V
A Catalyst for Positive economic change
Research Park in Lawrence
About Phases IV & V
Phases IV & V will add an additional 160,000 square feet of office and lab space to The Park and continue to drive the development of the surrounding area. The subsequent phases will focus on establishing three industry clusters: Cybersecurity and Defense, Biomedical and Life Sciences, and Sustainable Engineering.
The Kansas National Security Innovation Center (KNSIC)
Phase IV will enhance KU’s ability to engage in federal research contracts, enable collaborative research with federal defense and energy contractors, and partner with federal agencies on commercializing KU technologies related to computing, cybersecurity, materials engineering, and sensing.
- 80,000 square feet of high-security office and dry-lab space
- Focus on growing the Cybersecurity & Defense industry cluster at the Park
- Estimated to bring over 250 jobs and $23 million in direct annual payroll
The Kansas Bioinnovation and Sustainability Center (KBSC)
Phase V will allow for continued and expanded research and development in biology, geology, sustainability, and more. This facility will house key features of KU’s Center for Environmentally Beneficial Catalysis (CEBC), which will anchor the development of The Park’s cluster of sustainability-focused companies and researchers.
- 80,000 square feet of primarily wet-lab space with supporting infrastructure and offices
- Focus on growing the Biomedical & Life Sciences and Sustainable Engineering industry clusters at the Park
- Estimated to bring over 200 jobs and $22 million in direct annual payroll